Friday, October 24, 2008

Post From Under Bed-Sheets

hmm...
I thought 'abt having a second thought

Yas is studying for her test tomorrow
late at night

she is way smarter than me
As I write I think of all those nights

In the east
where we shared a room
a room that I kicked a hole in it's door
I was maturing but that's beside the point

She is printing some stuff now
I can hear it

She used to study late at night
always
like dad,
like me
staying up at night, see that's something else
you think 'n you create
as everyone else is too busy dreaming

She always used to read late at night
like tonight

I think
I know it was cause of that
I sleep with the pillow over my head
anytime of the day or night

Any sort of light shining on my face
is a distraction
its pain
I hate it
I guess I know why some sleep
with pillows over their head


I hope in my nightmare tonight
I can pick a better weapon (stool)
to face the crazy lady with the exacto knife
Or that my gun doesn't jam again, it would be the 3rd time

So breath right 'n good night
good night these western streets
Where love is free
and the pain necessary.

No comments: