Sunday, October 12, 2008

Spartacus

just a few quotes from the masterpiece Spartacus... my dad bought that movie for my 15th birthday, after telling me the story for over a thousand times, it was like i had seen the movie from before :)



Spartacus: And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

Spartacus: What's your name?
Draba: You don't want to know my name. I don't want to know your name.
Spartacus: Just a friendly question.
Draba: Gladiators don't make friends. If we're ever matched in the arena together, I have to kill you.

Spartacus: I am not an animal!

Antoninus: Are you afraid to die, Spartacus?
Spartacus: No more than I was to be born.

Varinia: Please die, my love... die, die now my darling!

Marcus Licinius Crassus: You can't grieve forever.
Varinia: I'm not grieving.
Marcus Licinius Crassus: What are you doing?
Varinia: I am remembering.
Marcus Licinius Crassus: And what do you remember when you think of Spartacus?
Varinia: I remember that he started out all alone. And yet, on the day he died, thousands and thousands died in his place.

[last lines]
Varinia: Goodbye, my love, my life. Goodbye, good-bye.



k back to editing...

No comments: